Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Steps to Making new friends

Sometimes it is hard to make new friends, at least it was for me. Believe it or not there are actual websites on how to make new friends. Step by step anyone who needs friends, can learn how. I personally found that to be amazing, I could use simple guidelines to make new friends and not spend my senior year alone.


I however did not use these tips, I used the same guide Mary used and learned to just be myself. Mary realized that she was going to be leaving her old friends and, meeting new people so she had to accept the change. I, like her had to adapt to my surroudings and realize that this was where I would be for the next six months. I, of course stood out because I was a new student, so I got the usual question "are you new." This was usually how all my conversations started, and it was also how I made new friends. When talking to new people, I managed to let them know that i was a senior, from Rock Island, and I had just moved to Moline over the summer. This worked for me, because me and several other students that i met (some who happened to also be new to the school) conversated about having to move from our previous location and making new friends. I realize it will not be as difficult to make new friends, however I do not know how well my school year will go haviing to spend it with new people senior year.

1 comment: